Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Allen widner Class evaluation

My personal learning experience in this class was an overall good one. Starting with the first assignment, the PowerPoint music video, I knew that this was going to be a class that was going to require a lot of work. I might have actually dropped it had it not been for the fact that I knew I was required to take it, and I have to do it sometime. I completed what I feel was a good representation of me in that PowerPoint. The main thing I wanted to get across was my personal sense of humor. I feel that if you know a persons sense of humor, you can tell if you can really work with that person or not.

The first project (not the fake one) that we did in class was an interesting one. To make an attack add against two presidential canidates. Already I felt that this project was really going to work well with my personality. I love dry sarcastic humor, and that’s pretty much attack ads in my opinion. I loved coming up with the ideas for the attack ads, and I worked really hard completing one of them on my own. I specifically requested of my group to do the McCain attack ad on my own because I had a clear vision of what it was going to look like and I knew I could do it faster on my own then trying to go through several different people.

The only slider that caught me off guard during this project was the marketing paper that we had to do alongside it. I was so distracted with getting my video just right, that when midterm came, I completely forgot about the project. I later handed it in late however. The midterm was a success for the group and a success for me as well. I learned that contact was extremely important to keep things on the ball and I learned what it meant to be relied on.

The final project in this class would be my main lesson. Becoming a project manager was definitely an increase in work and responsibility from the midterm project. Not only did I have to make sure that my work got done, I had to make sure that three other people where getting their work done. Luckily, I had a really good team, and I believe that we all really worked well together. I had a specific version, and more or less I saw it come to life. I am extremely proud of the work we accomplished in the final project and I really felt how it was like to lead a team. There was one point in the Mac lab in the main building where we where having a meeting. I was going over what we had for the project and what I expected out of everyone in the coming days and how to do it. It was during this meeting that a random person that I didn’t know turned and said to us, “I wish I had someone like him in my groups”. That of course made me feel good, but it was also an indicator that we were really doing things right. I was also able to get the earring paper done in time along with this project.

In the end, I had two very successful team projects, and I handed it all of the assignments. With one assignment being handed in late, I truly believe that I deserve at least an A-. I worked hard in the class and I showed up for perfect attendance. That’s something ive never done with any other class. I enjoyed this, but im also glad it’s now over. Now on to life.

No comments: